Saturday 24 January 2015

HSMJ the one where I pixel paint and laughter is good medicine.

 In my life this week…
I had so much fun this week playing with long exposures in Melbourne.  I joined the Canon Collective for an evening of pixel stick painting.

Flinders Street Station Melbourne

From Outer Space in a Melbourne lane ...



Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
  • You're invited to the 2015 Not Back To School Blog Hop over at Our Worldwide Classroom.
  • If you're on Instagram I'd love to meet you.  You can find me @chareenr 
  • If you are looking for homeschool encouragement and homeschoolers on Instagram.  Look up the hashtag #meetmyfriends OR #homeschoolfriends
n our home school this week…
It's our last week of holidays.  We have spent this week tidying up and enjoying Paul's company.  Paul has been reading Jungle Doctor's crooked dealings to Sir N.

I have downloaded some new software for Sir N to try out from The Critical Thinking Co.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
This week has been a non stop pace and I am tired.
  • Sunday we collected a second hand book shelf with the aim of removing two of the smaller shelves we have and replacing it with one larger one.
  • The afternoon was spent with family to celebrate my brother in laws birthday.
  • Tuesday we surprised my sister with an afternoon tea for her birthday.  She makes some amazing cakes ( Sunflower Creations )
  • Wednesday I was joined by two of my friends and we drove across Melbourne to meet with some ladies from Charlotte Mason Australia for an afternoon of fellowship with the Australian Representative for Ambleside Online Jeanne who blogs over at A Peaceful Day.
  • Thursday evening I joined the Canon Collective for pixel stick night painting.  
  • Friday evening was spent with some mothers watching Mom's Night Out (you can read my thoughts on Do you value "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle ... " from when we went to see it last year.  It was so funny and it is true a merry heart is good medicine. 

My favourite thing this week was…
Pixel painting in Melbourne.

 Things I’m working on…
  • Creating order out of the chaos at home
  • Preparing for our new homeschool year
  • Trying to workout how to better apply a Charlotte Mason approach to our home education.
 On the WWW I’m reading…
  • I am really sadened to read about the Stanley children who were removed from their family home last week.  For those of you who would like to support them and follow their story you can find them on Facebook here:  Bring the Stanley Children Home.
 I’m cooking…
 A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
"You all spend so much time beating yourselves up it must be exhausting. Let me tell you something Girl.  I doubt the good Lord made a mistake giving your kiddo's the Mama He did. So you just be you, He'll take care of the rest." - Bones (Mom's Night Out)

Blessings
Chareen


Connect with me
 Facebook Google+ Pinterest Instagram YouTube RSS Feed

Linking to
Homegrown Learners My Week in Review Link UP

Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor


A Week In Review Link UP

Join Lisa and I each week and share your week in review.  We look forward to reading about your

  • Week in Review
  • Field Trips
  • School Work 
  • Homeschool projects
  • And anything homeschool related.
Here is a button for your post.
My Week in Review Link UP

Your Turn

2 comments:

  1. I haven't quite nailed down cleaning up the chaos either. visiting from Weekly Wrap Up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that movie! And that is one of my favorite quotes :). Love your photos. They are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥